July 10, 2011

What I'm Listening To

     This post is inspired by my aunt... when I was home I would always make her copies of my "Current Favorites" playlist... now that I'm 9 hours away, this list will have to suffice:

1. L.A. by New Vo Riche
2. Dust Bowl Dance by Mumford and Sons
3. Windows Are Rolled Down by Amos Lee
4. Anna Begins by Counting Crows (an "oldie but goodie" as my 2nd grade teacher would've said)
5. What You Know by Two Door Cinema Club
6. Helena Beat by Foster the People
7. Till the World Ends by Britney Spears (a guilty pleasure, don't judge!)
8.  Rolling in the Deep by Adele
9. Tighten Up by The Black Keys
10. On the Floor by Jennifer Lopez (another guilty pleasure, I like the lambada music sampled in this song)
11. In Every Direction by Junip
12. Wooden Ships by Crosby, Stills and Nash (try as I might to resist because my parents liked them, CSN is one of my all-time favorite bands... for those of you who need an education in the outstandingness that is CSN (and sometimes Y), might I suggest their "greatest hits" album as a good place to start.  You can find it here: CSN Greatest Hits)
13. Sway by Bic Runga (she has a beautiful voice and this song takes me back to highschool... for better or for worse)
14. .357 by New Vo Riche
15. Something Good Can Work by Two Door Cinema Club (their music is so much fun you can't help but want to dance)
16. Calgary by Bon Iver (sophomore album = just as good as the debut)
17. You Are a Tourist by Death Cab for Cutie

There are so many more songs out there that I think are fantastic and not to be overlooked, but this is just a sampling of what I've been listening to lately.  Writing this post was a lot of fun, so I think there will probably have to be more music-oriented posts in the future!  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Brie said...

I haven't heard of a lot of these bands/artists. I know what I'll be doing today. Thanks for the inspiration to look into new music. Keep these coming. Miss and love you!

Kim J said...

I just started reading your blog, Andie. Truly awesome! I thought I was the only resident who kept one (Livejournal, though...).

In looking at your list of music, I think you would love Freelance Whales! My favorite songs are Broken Horse and Generator Second Floor. I like Two Door Cinema Club as well, and these guys are similar. Temper Trap is another great band. :)

Have a terrific rest of the weekend!

-Kim